Fixed Asset Tags – A Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Right Property Tags for Your Fixed Asset Tracking
Are you frustrated with low quality custom asset tags and ID labels that just don’t withstand day to day abuse? Are you tired of slow, unreliable printers not getting you your fixed asset labels and metal identification tags on time? Are you looking more printing options and a lower overall cost of ownership on your equipment id tags and id labels? Since 1984, Data Graphics has built a reputation as the nation’s best printer of property tags and id labels. Over those three decades, we have developed unrivaled expertise and problem solving, to find the best, most cost-effective way to print your fixed asset labels and tags. Not only do we manufacture the highest quality custom asset tags, we also provide fast, helpful service, and unrivaled versatility to meet your id label needs. Before you order equipment id tags or id labels, please call our expert staff and let us help you explore the best options for your custom asset tags. Or you can read on, and discover:
- The Basics of Fixed Asset Tracking: Answer These 4 Questions First
- Why Choose Data Graphics to Print Your Custom Asset Tags? Top 10 Reasons We Should Make Your Fixed Asset Labels, and Metal Identification Tags?
- Flexographic Roll ID Labels: For Large Runs, the Most Affordable, Fixed Asset Labels
- Hot Stamped Foil Asset Tags: Affordable Serialized, QR or Barcoded Foil Asset Tags
- Digitally Printed Equipment ID Tags: Versatile Fixed Asset Labels with Variable Data Capabilities
- CNC Engraved Fixed Custom Asset Tags: Classic, Bold Style Metal Identification Tags
- Laser Etched Metal Idenification Tags: Fixed Asset Tracking Solutions Combining Variable Data with the Durability of Anodized Aluminum
- Metalphoto ® “Impervious” Property Tags: Highest Quality Solution to Your Most Demanding Fixed Asset Inventory Needs
- Common Applications for Custom Asset Tags and Fixed Asset Labels
The Basics of Fixed Asset Tracking: Answer These 4 Questions First
There are 4 considerations in providing you the best fixed asset tracking:
1. What demands are going to be placed on your identification tags? We have equipment id tags on freighters in the ocean, tanks in the desert, and even the International Space Station. Properly prepared property tags can withstand the most extreme elements, if we know what to prepare for. The abuse your fixed asset tracking will endure and the desired life expectancy of your id label determine the adhesive, substrate, and especially printing methodology. We use metalphoto, laser etching, or CNC engraving to create the most durable metal identification tags.
2. What information needs to be conveyed through your fixed asset inventory system? Is a logo or corporate id label enough? Do the identification tags need an UID or serial number? Must your fixed asset tracking system preserve scannable QR/barcodes codes? For variable data printing and barcodes there are four choices for custom asset tags – metalphoto, laser etching, hot stamping, and digital printing. These four methodologies and CNC engraving can also create sequentially numbered custom asset tags.
3. What material(s) will your identification tags be affixed to? This can effect both the substrate and the adhesive we choose for your fixed asset tracking. Metalphoto aluminum, anodized aluminum, and many synthetics can all be fabricated with rivet, screw or bolt holes in the id tags, as well.
4. What substrate would your prefer? The answers to the first three questions, often narrow the possibilities considerably. Common materials for fixed asset id labels include:
- Metallic foil – hot stamping variable data foil asset tags
- Vinyl – flexo or digitally printing asset id labels
- Polyester – (such as Mylar) flexo or digitally printing asset id labels
- Polycarbonate – (such as Lexan) flexo or digitally printing asset id labels
- Standard anodized aluminum – laser etching or CNC engraving metal identification tags
- Colored anodized aluminum – (metal substrate with a one-color anodized topcoat) laser etching or CNC engraving metal identification tags
- Photosensitive anodized aluminum – metalphoto processed metal identification tags
We match the substrate with the best printing technique and adhesives to manufacture the asset id labels that best suit your specific project. For decades, the nation’s top manufacturers have trusted Data Graphics to make their equipment id tags. Foil asset tags and fixed asset labels that can’t withstand day-to-day abuse and exposure to harsh elements may quickly become unscannable, illegible, melt, chip, or even detach. We’ve become an industry leader by designing asset id labels and id tags that can take to whatever you dish out. We specialize in producing the highest quality equipment id tags, because we want to be your life-long id label printer. Our 25,000 square foot facility in Central Florida is equipped with leading edge id tags fabrication machines. We have the right solution to meet your fixed asset inventory needs. Please, don’t order equipment id tags, fixed asset labels, or serialized IUIDs before giving our insightful, helpful staff a chance to discuss the specifics of your custom asset tags project. Let us create the best fixed asset tracking solution, customized just for you.
Why Choose Data Graphics?
Why Choose Data Graphics to Print Your Custom Asset Tags? Top 10 Reasons We Should Make Your Fixed Asset Labels, and Metal Identification Tags?
- Award Winning Id Tags Quality:
If one thing sets us apart as an the nation’s best id label printer, it is quality. We are perhapr the most highly decorated printers of property tags in America. We are the first Metalphoto® certifiedid tags manufacturer in the Southeast, and 1 of only 8 in the world today. We are also the rare id tags printer who is certified as UL, AS9100, ISO9001: 2008, RoHS and ITAR compliant. We regularly fabricate id labels that meet UL 969 and/or PGDQ2 standards. Our custom asset tags face scrutiny from some fo the most demanding OEM’s, the US military, and even NASA. Our id label standards are so high, however, that we average 99% approved order rates.
- Speedy Delivery of Your Identification Tags: We are among the nation’s fastest printer of custom asset tags. We hit our delivery deadlines for id labels. Period. Please call 800-639-4316 to see for yourself just how fast and responsive we really are. With turn-around times of just 2-10 working days, we are the industry leader in id label printing. We even offer expedited id label printing in urgent situations. In fact, more than 60% of our id labels, serialized foil asset tags, and equipment ID tags ship early.
The Trusted Fixed Asset Tracking Printer: We’ve worked hard to build a reputation as the nation’s top id label printer. Our satisfied custom asset tags clients read like a “Who’s Who” of Fortune 1000 manufacturers, including GE, Siemens, Boeing (Gold Supplier, the highest possible rating) and Rockwell-Collins (Platinum Premier Supplier, the highest possible rating). Read their testimonials here. Our prestigious clients don’t to trust their brand to a lower quality id tags printer. Each of the thousands of barcoded equipment id tags, serialized asset id labels, and asset id labels we produce is manufactured to the same high standards as if it were going on a nuclear submarine or a jet fighter. We refuse to risk our hard-earned reputation on anything but the best fixed asset tracking solutions. That’s why more than four out of five customers repeat order.
- Versatile ID Label Printer: We are one of America’s most versatile printers of fixed asset tags. We can provide any type of asset id labels: metalphoto, CNC engraved, or laser etched metal identification tags; hot stamped foil asset tags, digitally printed, or flexographic id labels. Our helpful staff of id tags experts is eager to give you the best fixed asset inventory solutions for your unique situation.
- Great Value for Your Identification Tags: Because we have so many printing methodologies available to us, we can often come up with cost-effective id tags alternatives that our customers were unaware of. Because we want to be your custom asset tags printer for life, we are not looking to maximize our profit off a single order of identification tags or fixed asset labels. In stead, we will give you a great deal, and bear in mind the total cost over the life of the product, especially replacement costs. It all adds up to one thing–giving you the best possible value on your custom asset tags.
- Problem Solving Comes Standard with Our Identification Tags: Our helpful service makes it fast and easy to order equipment id tags and overcome any problems you might be having. Having an experienced professional as your dedicated point of contact creates error-free custom asset tags. Equipment id tags sometimes require technical decision making. Our knowledgeable team has literally 500 years of collective fixed asset tracking experience to guide your decisions. With 500 years of experience, have solved fixed asset tracking problems like yours before. Each order of fixed asset labels and equipment id tags is a special custom project. Your order deserves to be treated that way, and at Data Graphics, it will be. You won’t find an id label printer you enjoy working with more than Data Graphics.
- Getting Your Identification Tags Right the First Time: Our equipment id tags have a 100% inspection rates. It’s true — we examine every single one of your equipment id tags. Most competitors who print id tags only inspect random samples. We understand you need your custom asset tags done right, so we check every single one.
- Fixed asset inventory Security and Confidentiality: Data Graphics is an ITAR Registered manufacturer of identification tags. We adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and security for any of your fixed asset labels. You can trust an ITAR id label printer.
- The Goldilocks Factor: Data Graphics is neither too big, nor too small, but is just the right size for your fixed asset inventory needs. We are big enough to have world-class, wide-ranging fixed asset inventory capabilities. We are the rare id label printer that has the perfect mix of leading edge machines. We can handle anything from virtually indestructible metalphoto physical inventory tags, to serialized foil asset tags, to super affordable id labels. There are no third-party delays in machining your property tags, because we do our own fabrication. We have redundant id tags machines, so a glitch with one press will not delay your property tags. In spite of our world-class fixed asset inventory capabilities, we are still small enough that we value each client. We are still little enough to give you the personal service and attention you deserve. Equipment id tags, IUIDs, and custom nameplates are not our priorities. Our clients are, and we do whatever it takes to earn your business. Your success is important to us. You won’t find an id label printer as committed to your success as Data Graphics.
Flexographic Roll ID Labels: For Large Runs, the Most Affordable, Fixed Asset Labels
Advantages of Flexo ID Labels
- Affordable ID Labels – Flexo id labels are the most affordable fixed asset labels for most large run and repeat orders.
- Conveniently Tag Equipment – Flexo id labels are very convenient, as the fixed asset tags come in roll labels form.
- ID Label Color – Flexographic printing produces the most vivid colors of any printing methodology. We can provide 4-color id label printing (more than many competitors) , and those colors can be custom mixed to achieve the perfect shade.
Limitations of Flexo ID Labels
- Variable Data – It is impossible to create fixed asset labels with serialization, QR/barcodes with flexographic printing. Flexo roll labels are ideal for placing your company logo on a product, or as fixed asset labels establishing ownership.
- Fine Detail – For high resolution fixed asset labels, flexo is an inferior choice. Metalphoto physical inventory tags or digitally printed custom asset tags would be more appropriate.
- Durability – Based both on the substrate and the fact that flexo surface prints, these fixed asset labels are not the most durable. Though it is possible to put a protective over-laminate on your id labels, this can not completely protect the print. By no means are these id labels as rugged as metal identification tags. The most durable identification tags, metalphoto, CNC engraving and laser etching are vastly superior.
Hot Stamped Foil Asset Tags: Affordable Serialized, QR or Barcoded Foil Asset Labels
Advantages of Hot Stamped Foil Asset Tags
- Variable Data – Hot stamping can create QR/barcodes, IUIDs, and sequentially numbered foil asset labels. Relatively fine detail can be achieved on hot stamped foil asset labels.
- Versatility in Identification Tags- Foil asset labels can be hot stamped into a wide variety of substrate including paper, polycarbonates like Lexan, polyesters like Mylar, and vinyls.
- Affordable Foil Asset Tags – For small orders or one-time orders, hot stamping tends to produce the most affordable custom asset tags, depending on substrate.
- Convenient Tag Equipment – Hot stamped foil asset labels are very convenient, as the identification tags come in roll label form.
Limitations of Hot Stamped Foil Asset Tags
- Durability – Foil asst tags are simply not designed to endure extensive abuse. Metalphoto, laser etched, and CNC engraved metal identification tags are vastly superior.
- Color – Foil asset labels can only be hot stamped in 2 colors. There is respectable range of colors and finishes for the print itself, but it is impossible to do more than 2 colors. Foil asset tags substrate comes in a wide spectrum of colors.
- Image Quality – Fade, color variation, and full-color printing are impossible on hot stamped foil asset labels. For picture quality images digital printing is clearly superior.
Digitally Printed Equipment ID Tags: Versatile Fixed Asset Labels with Variable Data Capabilities
Advantages of Digitally Printed Fixed Asset Labels
- Photo Quality Fixed Asset Labels – Digitally printed asset id labels reproduce photo quality, full color images. Each of your fixed asset labels can be produced using the full spectrum of CMYK colors.
- Variable Data – This is the most dynamic methodology for printing fixed asset labels. Digital printing is able to incorporate almost any image for you in full color, including serialized, QR, and barcoded fixed asset labels.
- Versatility in Fixed Asset Inventory- Digital printing provides us with the greatest versatility in substrate for fixed asset inventory methodology. We can digitally print on polyesters like Mylar, polycarbonates like Lexan, vinyls, papers, and a host of other synthetic substrate. Digitally printing also afford us the greatest flexibility in size, from the tiniest of fixed asset labels to large format banner and sign printing.
- Affordable Equipment Labels – For small orders or one-time orders, digital printing has the potential to produce the most affordable custom asset labels, depending on substrate.
Limitations of Digitally Printed Custom Foil Asset Labels
- Durability – Digital printing simply cannot match the durability of metalphoto, laser etched, or CNC engraved metal identification tags, regardless of the substrate you chose.
CNC Engraved Fixed Custom Asset Tags: Classic, Bold Style Metal Identification Tags
Advantages of Engraved Metal Identification Tags
- Durable Custom Asset Tags – CNC engraving routs bold letters and numbers into durable anodized aluminum. Because of the depth and thickness of the cut, the identification tags typically stay legible in spite of grime and dirt buildup. They are usually easier to read than laser etched custom asset tags. Anodized aluminum typically holds up very well to the elements, UV, solvents, and chemicals. However, engraving exposes the raw metal beneath the anodized topcoat, making it less durable than metalphoto property tags.
- Serialized Metal Identification Tags – Because our CNC machine is a digital engraver, we are able to create serialized labels.
Limitations of Engraved Metal Identification Tags
- Color – Obviously, full color custom asset tags are impossible with engraving. Anodized aluminum, however, does come in a handful of colors and finishes designed to accentuate the engraving on your id tags. Engraving through the colored, anodized layer reveals the raw aluminum underneath. This highly stylized technique makes the engraving on the id tags really stand out, visually.
- Fine Details and Variable Data- CNC engraving is limited by the size of the bit, which prints significantly thicker and deeper than a laser. For property tags with fine detail, QR codes, or barcodes, metalphoto and laser etching are superior options.
Laser Etched Metal Idenification Tags: Fixed Asset Tracking Solutions Combining Variable Data with the Durability of Anodized Aluminum
Advantages of a Laser Etched Fixed Asset Tracking
- Custom Variable Data & Fine Details –
Laser etching can create serial numbers, QR codes, UID’s, or barcode property tags. Detail as fine as .005 mm is possible with our digital laser etcher. making for an extremely versatile id tags printing methodology.
- Durable Property tags – Anodized aluminum asset id labels hold up extremely well to the elements, solvents and chemicals. Laser etching creates narrow, shallow burns into the anodized aluminum surface of your property tags. Etched property tags are typically less legible than engraved metal identificationt tags, because the laser cut is finer and shallower.Laser etching does expose the raw aluminum beneath the anodized layer, making it less durable than metalphoto equipment id tags. Because this exposured area is narrower and shallower than engraved equipment id tags, however, it is more resistant to chemicals, corrosion, and the elements than CNC engraving.
Limitations of a Laser Etched Fixed Asset Tracking
- Color – Full color property tags are impossible with etching. The anodized aluminum does come in a handful of colors and finishes, however. The contrast between the colored surface and the etched type on each id label can make the image more pronounced and eye-catching.
Metalphoto “Impervious” Property Tags: Highest Quality Solution to Your Most Demanding Fixed Asset Inventory Needs
Advantages of Metalphoto Fixed Asset Tags
- Custom Variable Data – Metalphoto can create barcodes, QR codes, IUIDs, and sequential physical inventory tags for your fixed asset inventory. This is an extremely versatile methodology to fit any fixed asset inventory system.
- Photo Quality Property Tags- The metalphoto process creates the highest resolution possible on metal substrate. This enables us to create photo quality pictures, variable data, and the tiniest of print on your id label. When space if limited or fine detail is crucial, metalphoto makes the best metal identification tags, by far.
- Property tags – Quite simply, the Metalphoto process creates the most rugged and long-lasting physical inventory tags. The Naval Surface Warfare Center conducted tests on several UID substrates and rewarded the highest environmental survivability score to metalphoto property tags. GPI has also declared metalphoto fixed asset inventory tags to be the most durable ever manufactured. Metalphoto property tags withstand corrosion, chemicals, solvents, acids, abrasion, UV exposure, salt spray, fungus, stains, and extreme environments (-65 degrees C to 125 degrees C). The image on the property tags are photo-developed on anodized aluminum beneath an emerald-hard anodic layer, protecting the image for decades. Laser etched or CNC engraved metal identification tags expose raw, unanodized aluminum. These identification tags are more susceptible to corrosion, chemicals, acids. They are also effected by grime build up which effects legibility and the ability of QR/barcodes to be scanned. Metalphoto physical inventory tags remain clean, and crisp with virtually no image degradation on your physical inventory tags. Metalphoto property tags are scannable decades after fabrication.
- Fixed Asset Inventory Certifications – Metalphoto produces the most widely certified fixed asset tags. Metalphoto asset id labels are compliant with a wide range of standards, including UL969, MIL-STD 130 n, PGDQ2, PCCU2, and ASTM B209-10. Learn all about Metal Photo Printing Here
Limitations of Metalphoto Fixed Asset Tags
- Color – Full-color metal identification tags cannot be created through this methodology. Metalphoto converting resembles “black and white” or “silver and black” photo-developing. While the photosensitive aluminum substrate comes in a handful of colors and four different finishes, the image always develops black for any metalphoto fixed asset tags. Metalphoto identification tags can be screen printed once the anodic layer has been sealed, Screen printing is surface level and will not endure as long as the metalphoto image.
- Cost – Metalphoto substrate are the most expensive of the standard substrates we used for id label printing. While metalphoto is typically a great long-term investment, since these metal identification tags may never need to be replaced, they require the highest initial investment of any fixed asset inventory system.
Custom Asset Tags Applications
Common Custom Asset Tags and ID Label Applications
We are one of America’s finest id label manufacturers, supplying customers with physical inventory tags in many industries, including:
- Transportation equipment id tags
- Product id labels
- Bio-medical equipment fixed asset tracking
- Heavy equipment fixed asset tracking
- Barcode equipment id tags
- Vehicle equipment id tags
- OEM physical inventory tags
- Marine and oceanic asset id labels
- Telecommunications equipment id tags
- Power tool physical inventory tags
- Merchandise asset id labels
- Asset ID labels for tracking IT hardware
- Indoor/outdoor asset id labels
- Furniture, locker, seat and workstation fixed asset tags
- Bank and ATM equipment id tags
- USAF equipment tags
- Physical inventory tags ordered for the US Army
- Aerospace property tags
- US Navy and US Coast Guard fixed asset tracking
- International Space Station id label
- Variable information custom asset id label
- UID and IUID asset id labels
- Any other high-stress id label needs
- Linear and 2D data matrix decals
We have manufactured physical inventory tags and foil asset labels any industry imaginable. Whether you need affordable foil asset tags, or nearly indestructible physical inventory tags, we have proven solutions for you. Give us one chance to earn your business and become your lifelong id label printer.
For decades, the nation’s leading manufacturers have trusted Data Graphics for their fixed asset inventory printing – service, durability, speed, versatility, problem solving, and simply manufacturing the highest quality physical inventory tags and id labels. Let us help you plan your fixed asset tracking, produce nearly indestructible physical inventory tags, provide you with custom, variable data asset tracking, and print affordable metal identification tags with your company logo. Don’t order equipment id tags without first speaking with one of our knowledgeable experts. Please call 800-639-4316 for a fast, free quote on your variable data fixed asset tags, property tags, id labels, and foil asset tags. Discover for yourself the Data Graphics Difference.